We sell a range of items to our members at a discount, some exclusively, and some items are available to the general public.
What we have for sale
- A selection of recently published local history books (see below).
- Stocks of some older but 'as new' local history books.
- Second hand history books. Members receive an exclusive notification each month by email.
- Back copies of our Canberra Historical Journal and Canberra History News.
- Digital copies of photographs in our collection.
- Some miscellaneous items.
See our price list.
NEW BOOKS FOR SALE
Prices in $ are shown with member price first then non-member price e.g. ($20, $25)
- Barrow, Graeme (2016). God's Architect Alberto Dias Soares. ($22, $25)
- Brody, Carol; Foster, Peter; Acker, Margitta (2015). Curtin Turns 50. The story of a Canberra Suburb 1964-2014. ($25, $25)
- CDHS & Hall School Museum (2020). Fooling around in Flannels: Cricket of the Limestone Plains. ($5, $5)
- Foskett, Alan (2020). Images & Stories about Cricket. ($20, $25)
- Foskett, Alan (2020). Molonglo Mystery (reprinted). ($30, $35)
- Horsfield, Jennifer (2015). Building a City. CS Daley and the story of Canberra. ($25, $30)
- Horsfield, Jennifer (2018). Voices Beyond the Suburbs. ($27.50, $27.50)
- Horsfield, Jennifer (2020). Bookshop in Wartime. ($30, $35)
- Lehane, Robert (2015). Irish Gold. A tale of two pioneer families. ($22.50, $25)
- McDonald, James (2018). Three Henry Currans. ($45, $45)
- Tyrrell, Jenny (2017). Neighbourhood of Hughes. ($30, $30)
SPECIAL DEAL ON ALAN FOSKETT BOOKS: We are offering 1 for $20, 2 for $30, 3 for $40 and 4 for $50 thanks to the generosity of Alan's estate.
To order any of these items please contact our office.
Payment can be made by direct deposit to:
Canberra & District Historical Society
BSB: 633 000
Account: 146 738 141
When entering payment details please make sure it is clear what the payment is for (e.g book title) and your name. Then email advice of your payment to:
In your email please make it clear what you have ordered and provide evidence of payment. This will save us a lot of time reconciling your payment with bank statements.
DONATE. Please consider including a donation with your payment!