#19755 - Pioneers gathering 13 March 1982
- Resource ID
- Pioneers gathering 13 March 1982
- Sound Recording
- Taylor, Sam; Clark, (Mr); Gibbs, Harold; Gibbs, (Mrs); Tizzard, Catherine; Scarlett, Keith; Wood, Elma; Gallagher, Peter; Campbell, Fred; Clark, (Mrs) (school teacher at Weetangera); Taylor, (Mr); Ginn, Jim; Shumack, Sam; pioneer gatherings.
- Canberra: Canberra and District Historical Society, 1982
- Physical description
- 1 audiotape
- Gathering of descendants of pioneer settlers. Anecdotes presented at gathering include: 'Hot water bottles' in church; Installation of electricity to Hall Village; Purchase of property in 1915 with cash (literally, in sugar bag); Smoko when working for Fred Campbell at Yarrlumla; First day at Weetangera School aged 5; Bobby on the beat encountering a pram with a strange load aboard; Methodist minister visiting Bill Campbell's homestead in Arthur Circle Forrest and getting lost; Black sauce mistaken for rum.
- Tapes Drawer 16
- Transcript has been made of this tape recording of proceedings at the Australian National University on 13 March 1982: Andrew Walls (President CDHS) Master of Ceremonies.
A report appears in Newsletter April 1982 Edition No. 233 pp9-10. This report lists the names and details of guests and interstate visitors.