skip to content

#20920 - Taemas Bridge

Resource ID
20920
Title/subtitle
Taemas Bridge
Picture
Taemas Bridge
Format
Photograph
Physical description
Black & white photograph; 11cm x 7cm
Summary
The Taemas Bridge over the Murrumbidgee River south of Yass, being raised 15 feet
Location
Photograph 5092
Availability
Not for loan.
Notes
The first Taemas Bridge, built over the Murrumbidgee River on the Wee Jasper road on the upper reaches of Burrinjuck Dam in 1888, was raised 15 feet in 1924. The bridge was destroyed by floods in 1925 and a new bridge constructed and opened in 1931.