#19954 - Mary Cunningham: A Struggle for Purpose and Value in Life
- Resource ID
- Mary Cunningham: A Struggle for Purpose and Value in Life
- Horsfield, Jenny
- Journal article
- World War 1; Cunningham, James; Cunningham, Andy
- Canberra & District Historical Society
- Physical description
- 12p; illus.
- Mary Cunningham was the wife of James Cunningham, owner of Tuggeranong and, later, Lanyon. The article discusses her life from before her marriage, her eight children, life as the mistress of a large rural property, her artistic skills, her role in the community during the First World War and her life up until her death in 1930.
- Journals No.54, Sept 2004
- Not for loan. Copies may be purchased.
- The article is based on the author's book 'Mary Cunningham'. Refers to her friendship with Grace Cossington-Smith.