#19837 - The Primacy of the Land Axis
- Resource ID
- The Primacy of the Land Axis
- Hall, Michael
- Journal article
- Canberra & District Historical Society; 2003
- 2003 marked the centenary of woman's suffrage in Australia and to mark the occassion the Commonwealth proposed erecting a sculpture called The Fan behind old Parliament House. The article discusses previous attempts to build monuments along the land axis.
Other monuments proposed for the land axis include the Australian-American war memorial, a road bridge, the carillon and the King George V statue.
- Newsletters ed.389, Oct 2003
- Copies available for purchase