#16280 - 3rd Australian Infantry Battalion, Headquarters Company
- Resource IDLocation
- 16280Photograph 2577
- 3rd Australian Infantry Battalion, Headquarters Company
- Physical description
- 1 Black & white photocopy; 28cms x 18cms
- Sixty men of the 3rd Australian Infantry Battalion, Headquarters Company, in training at Walgrove Camp, west of Sydney, 1940.
- Not available for loan; copy may be purchased.
- Significant (but random) annotations on the rear.
\"Headquarters coy raised mainly in the Goulburn district, incl Crookwell, Collector, Taralga, Marulan, Bungonia, Tarago.\"
\"Most of this HQ Coy went to Kokoda.\"
\"Lionel Nomchong sent -> infantry school - Bren Gun Carrier Course (Ford components) - topped the course, became instructor. Seconded to 3rd Infantry Battln, became Sergeant.\"
\"Information given to Dr. P. L. Rothwell by Lionel Nomchong in May 1999.\"
\"Lionel Nomchong - joined up at 18 - Braidwood.\"
And other comments! The 3rd Battalion served on the Kokoda Trail during 1942.