skip to content

#15895 - Sacred Heart Church in Tuggeranong

Resource ID
15895
Title/subtitle
Sacred Heart Church in Tuggeranong
Picture
Sacred Heart Church in Tuggeranong
Format
Photograph
Identifier
churches; Sacred Heart Church; Tuggeranong
Publisher
[n.d.]
Summary
The Sacred Heart Church in Tuggeranong, opened in June 1902. It is the oldest Catholic church still in use in the ACT but is now known as St. Franicis of Assisi and is situated in Casey Crescent Calwell.
Location
Photograph 2192
Availability
Not for loan. Copies available for purchase.
Notes
For more information refer to the booklet 'Cathedral in the Pines 1902-2002' by Fr. Brian Maher and the article 'The Cathedral in the Pines turns one hundred' in the CDHS Newsletter, June 2002, edition number 381.