skip to content

#15849 - Replacement houses for the Causeway

Resource ID
15849
Title/subtitle
Replacement houses for the Causeway
Picture
Replacement houses for the Causeway
Format
Photograph
Identifier
Kingston
Summary
Replacement houses at the Causeway in Kingston. The government-owned temporary timber cottages, 121 of them, had been built in the 1920s (starting in 1925) and were replaced by 40 brick houses in 1977.
Location
Photograph 2146
Availability
Not for loan. Copies available for purchase.