skip to content

#12731 - Witness In Stone: History of the Presbyterian Church in North Canberra

Resource ID
12731
Title/subtitle
Witness In Stone: History of the Presbyterian Church in North Canberra
Author/Creator
Gardiner, Lindsay
Format
Pamphlet
Identifier
Pioneers; Cameron family; Kinlyside family; McDonald, Mary; Southwell family; Kilby family
Publisher
Verity Hewit, Canberra;
1958
Physical description
64p. Illustrated by Nancy Parker
Summary
A history of the Presbyterian church located at the corner of Brigalow Street and Mouat Street in Lyneham. Originally called the Canberra Presbyterian Church, the first building was erected in the 1860s and the stone church in the early 1870s. The church lay unused for several decades in the early 20t century but was re-dedicated as St. Ninians on 15 February 1942.
Location
PAM A29
Availability
Not for loan.
Notes
The book includes a history of land ownership in the area, history of the Presbyterian church, the Ministers who served the district and includes an appendix with a list of contributors to the church and short biographies on pioneer parishoners.